Thursday, January 27, 2011


First day of school - now it feels like the new year! Mid-January, I was thinking that I was missing school just a teeny weeny bit, but come yesterday, when I received the text said (I quote), 'Pl report to JC/MI on 27 Jan 11 at 07:30am', I felt so tired. School.........

I can count on two hands the people I know from before in my JC man. Okay, I was really tempted to say one hand, but one of my new year resolutions was to be more honest, so... Looks like I'm off to a good start! Except that I'm pretty friendless in school right now. I SHALL BE SOCIABLE AND MAKE FRIENDS TOMORROW AT SENTOSA.

My 2011 resolutions! I'm more optimistic about 2011 than 2010, and 2010 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I know it's almost February, but like I said, when you're a student used to having school start on 2nd or 3rd January and have no other life, only the school year matters. Let's just pretend I'm following the Chinese calendar. Chinese new year is in single-digit February (3rd and 4th... I think).

So, resolutions (not confirmed yet  Okay I only added that so that I don't have to look at this one year from now and regret)

2011 RESOLUTIONS.
  1. Be more sociable. Smile more. Stop making dumb excuses for not going out with friends - unless they're going to Vivocity when you stay at the other end of the train line.
  2. Stop making dumb and useless lies. It just wastes brain space because then I've to remember everything.
  3. Be a more caring person. Smile more (again). I greeted the security guard this morning! Achievement of my life (okay no). I'll be nice and give up to my seat to people on the bus/train. And if I can't tell if they're old/pregnant enough, I'll stand up and move somewhere else to save both of us embarrassment. This works really well in theory, but I've tried it before and it's really awkward.
  4. Sleep, read and exercise more. I will try to sleep for at least 8 hours on weekdays and 10 hours on weekends. And I will exercise until I become fit. Whenever that is.
  5. Do well in JC1 so that I don't get retained and hopefully do really well. Maybe I should try out for top student. ^.^
  6. Don't get a Facebook account, though I doubt it'll be as popular in 2011. How popular can it get?!
  7. Touch my toes. Forget it. Some things are better left untouched. (IS THIS HOW YOU USE THIS PHRASE)
Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go through moderation, so don't expect to see them immediately after posting!